Laclede County Recorder

Jennifer Raef – Laclede County Recorder

200 North Adams
Lebanon, MO 65536
Phone: 417-532-4011

Office hours M-F 8am-4pm
Accepting Passport Applications M-F 8am-3:30pm


To record documents on-line you must use our portal. Our portal is through iCounty Technologies.

Contact: Stacy Atkison
Phone: (417) 818-4299

The Laclede Recorder does not require a memorandum of agreement from submitters in order to e-file.


How can I change the name on my deed?

To make changes to ownership of property, a new document must be prepared. An attorney may assist you in making the necessary changes. The Recorder’s Office does not prepare documents.

Does my property have any liens filed on it?

Our office has State tax liens, Federal Tax Liens, and mortgages. For mechanics liens, inquire at the Circuit Clerk’s Office and for property taxes, inquire at the County Collector. We will assist you with computer searches or you are welcome to come in and search the records.

Can you tell me the selling price of a home in my neighborhood?

The selling price of real estate is not disclosed on recorded deeds in the State of Missouri.

Are there easements on my property?

If it is platted, check the original plat map of the property. Check your deed or the deed of the person you bought your property from. Search the indexes.

When may I expect the return of my document after recording?

Original recorded documents will be mailed the next business day. A self addressed stamped envelope is required for return.

Are common-law marriages recognized in Missouri?

The State of Missouri does not recognize common-law marriages.

Marriage License

NOTE: Marriages are no longer preformed by the judges of Laclede County.

What you will need:

Identification and proof of age is required of all persons. The following proof of age documents will be accepted, along with a U.S. government issued photo ID.

Ages 16-17: Driver’s license and parental consent with proof of custody. Individuals 21 or older may NOT marry an individual under 18 years of age. (RSMo451.090 8/28/2018)

Ages 18 and older: Valid Driver’s License

Applicants must be 18 years of age to marry without parental consent. Persons between the ages of 16 & 17 may obtain a license with the consent of a parent or legal guardian. Parents or legal guardians must give consent in person (at the time of application) and have proper identification and proof of custody if divorced or never married. If legal guardian is giving consent a certified copy of guardianship papers must be presented.

No license will be issued to a person 21 or older if the person is less than 18 years of age. (Rev RSMo 451.090 8/28/18)

Senate bill 655, which was passed by the Missouri Legislature and signed into law, prohibits marriage licenses from being issued if either party is under 16 years of age. Additionally, the legislation bars the marriage of individuals age 21 years or older to anyone under the age of 18. Parental consent will still be required for minors under the age of 18 to marry someone under the age of 21. This will take effect August 28, 2018


The Laclede County Recorder’s office is now issuing marriage licenses to parties of the same sex.


  • Active Duty Military,
  • Incarcerated persons,
  • or people diagnosed with disabilities pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Absent applications are available upon request.

Missouri no longer requires a waiting period when applying for a Marriage License

  • You must be 18 years of age to marry without parental consent.
  • Once you receive your marriage license, you must be married within 30 days anywhere within the State of Missouri.
  • Marriage licenses are $51.00 (cash/debit/credit)
  • All relevant persons (first party, second party, and guardians (if applicable)) must be present at the same time.
  • You will be asked to present a government ID.
  • You will be asked your social security number.
  • If you have been married before, you will be asked the month and year your last marriage ended.

After you are married, the license must be returned to this office within 15 days. The license will be recorded and returned to you along with a certified copy.

Military Discharge

*Request Form is in PDF format

Military Discharges are recorded FREE OF CHARGE for anyone who has served in the Military.

CERTIFIED COPIES ARE FREE for Military personnel and authorized persons on their behalf.

DD214 should be recorded upon separation in the Recorder’s Office of the county you reside.

You must present a notarized MISSOURI REQUEST FORM RAM59.480 to receive your free certified copy of your DD214

This requirement is to insure only you or an authorized party has access to your personal information.

Pursuant to Rsmo 59.480

Passports – Acceptance hours: 8:00AM – 3:30PM

Parties of 5 or more must make an appointment for passport acceptance.

Find out more about passports by calling our office

200 North Adams Ave
Lebanon, Mo 65536
(417) 532-4011

Or visiting the website:

Passport services:
(877) 487-2778

What is a Passport?

  • The passport book and passport card are both U.S. passports. If issued for the full validity, they are both proof of your U.S. citizenship and identity.
  • Passport books are used for international travel by air, sea and land.
  • Passport cards are used at land border crossings and sea ports-of-entry from Canada, Mexico, The Caribbean, Bermuda.
  • The Passport book are Real ID compliant and can be used for domestic air travel.

Links for applications are listed at the bottom of the page or visit our office to pick up an application and an informational sheet.

The recorder’s office does not accept passport renewal applications. You will need to mail it to the address below:

ROUTINE address:
National Passport Processing Center
Post Office Box 901155
Philidelphia, PA 19190-0155

EXPEDITED address:
(Additional $60.00 fee applies)
National Passport Processing Center
Post Office Box 90955
Philadelphia, PA 19190-0955

DS-11 Applications (First time passport)
DS-82 Renewal Applications (up to 5 years after expiration)
Track your application status
Report lost or stolen passport

UCC Filing and Forms

Effective July 1, 2001, all Article 9 UCC filings are to be centralized at the Secretary of States Office. 

As of July 1, 2001, revised standard UCC forms may be found at the Secretary of State’s website. Follow the instructions shown on this website to properly complete the UCC.

The recording fee is $24.00 for the first page and $3.00 for each page after. There are no signatures required.

Termination or amendment of UCC in Real Estate

As of July 1, 2001, revised standard UCC forms may be found at the Secretary of State’s website. Follow the instructions shown on this website to properly complete the UCC Statement Amendment. Only financing statements recorded in Real Estate can be released in our office. the fee for recording a termination is $24.00 for the first page and $3.00 for each page thereafter. A book and page reference is required.

UCC-11 (Searches)

The filing fee for a UCC-11 is $14.00 per debtor name, as required by law (RSMo 400.9-407). A search on a husband and wife is considered to be one search fee. The debtor name and address must be listed on the form. The requesting party’s name and address should be listed on the UCC-11 form. The information or copy box (or both) must be checked. As of July 1, 2001, revised standard UCC forms may be found on the Secretary of State’s website. Follow the instructions shown on this website to properly complete the UCC Information Request.

Select a link below for UCC Information and Searches.

Free On-Line Search, forms, and filings

Missouri UCC Filing

Free Online Search

Recording Land Records

$24.00 – First Page
$3.00 -Per Each Additional Page

Send documents to:

A self addressed stamped envelope or a fee of $1.00 for postage and handling is required for the return of all documents.


– 8 1/2 x 11 paper White, light-colored, 20# paper without watermarks or Logos
– Printed in black or dark ink on one side only
– No continuous forms or permanent binding, but documents may be stapled for presentation
– Minimum 8-point type. (Note: Nonessential information within any margin is exempt from this requirement.)
– Signatures must be in black or dark ink to insure reproduction from record
– All signatures must have the name typed, stamped or printed underneath.

Attachments to a page may not be stapled or taped other than a securely attached bar-coded label or than as required by law.
(Note: Attachments does not refer to an Exhibit, but additions to a document page.)
– Top 3″ vertical space of the first page only of each document is designated for the Recorder’s certification.
– All the Recorder’s certificates will be placed in this area.
– All other margins on the first and subsequent pages will be a minimum of ¾”
– Nonessential information contained with the margins does not have to comply with the 8-point requirement, but it should be noted that the Recorder is not liable or responsible for insuring that nonessential information is archived. Examples: page numbers, form numbers, return addresses, etc.

– Every document (except plats and surveys) containing any of the following items shall have such information on the first page of the document below the 3″ margin:

1. Title of the document        
2. Date of the document
3. All grantors’ names
4. All grantees’ names
5. Any statutory addresses
6. Legal Description
7. Reference book and pages if required


Land Records Cover Sheet – PDF Format
Land Records Cover Sheet – Word Format

– If there is not sufficient room on the first page, the page reference within the document where the information is set out shall be stated on the first page.
– If one of the required fields begins on the first page and continues uninterrupted to subsequent pages that meets the first page requirement.


1. Grantors and grantees must be designated in order to be indexed, There is no limit as to combinations or exclusions,
but must include the words ‘grantor’ or ‘grantee’. Note: It is the filer’s or preparer’s responsibility to make the designations.
2. Statutory addresses must be designated, i.e. ‘Grantee’s Mailing Address’…
3. The address of the property shall not be accepted as a legal description.
4. Book and page references required on certain documents, i.e. release deeds, assignments, etc. must be designated.

– A cover page for the document is not required, but a filer may choose to present a cover page and it will recorded as the first page of the document.
– The cover page must have the top, 3″ margin and include first page designations.
– If a document is presented for re-recording, in addition to all other requirements, there must be a new first page or cover sheet with the top 3″ and the required first page designations.


– Documents signed prior to January 1, 2002
– Military separation papers
– Documents executed outside the United States
– Certified copies of documents, including birth and death certificates
– Any document where one of the original parties is deceased or incapacitated
– Judgments or other documents formatted to meet court requirements
– Fixture Filings on the National Approved UCC Forms.

Standard – Documents that meet both the statutory requirements and formatting standards will have only the per page recording fee schedule applied.

Non-Standard – Documents that meet the statutory requirements, but do not meet the formatting standards will have the “per page” recording fee plus an additional $25.00 per document penalty applied.


(subdivisions, outlots or condominiums) Chapters 59 and 445 RSMo.
Verification of paid property taxes (collector)
Verification of ownership of property (assessor)
Name of subdivision (no duplicate names within cities or towns; different phases okay)
Owners must sign (individuals or corporations); a general partner can sign for a partnership. Signatures required on all pages of plat.
Legal Description (Section, Township, Range, and direction, etc)
Signature must be properly acknowledged with appropriate seal (notary or corporate) (§445.030)
Approved by applicable Planning & Zoning Department (city or county) (§445.030)
18 inch x 24 inch original (Mylar)
Fee: (18 inch x 24 inch size) $44.00 first page and $25.00 for each page after. If oversized, add an additional page cost ($25.00).



1.    Name of person requesting survey
2.    Name and signature of surveyor with LS # and stamp
3.    Legal (tracts) section, township and range
4.   18 inch x 24 inch Mylar and 1 paper copies
Fee:   $24.00 for the first page, $5.00 for each additional page
If larger than 18×24 charge and additional $5.00

Comments are closed.